The Clean Energy States Alliance is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2016 State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards, recognizing six state and municipal programs and projects that demonstrate leadership, effectiveness and innovation in advancing renewable energy and other clean energy technologies. Winners were chosen by an independent panel of five distinguished judges, and are featured in a new report and webinar series.
The 2016 awards were given to:
- The California Energy Commission for the New Solar Homes Partnership (NSHP)
- The New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission Sustainable Energy Division for the Useful Thermal Energy Certificate (T-REC) Program
- The Connecticut Green Bank for the CT Solar Lease Commercial Program
- Energy Trust of Oregon for the Irrigation Modernization Program
- The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) for NY-Sun
- The Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources for the System Reliability Procurement Solar Distributed Generation Pilot Project
“These award winners illustrate the tremendous creativity and commitment being shown by state agencies across the country in implementing clean energy,” said CESA Executive Director Warren Leon. “These six programs are not only substantially increasing clean energy deployment and reducing carbon-based emissions, they are also creating jobs and benefiting the local economy. Moreover, they are doing so in smart, efficient, and effective ways. These innovative programs are providing models for the next generation of state clean energy initiatives in the United States.”
CESA has produced a special report including case studies of these six innovative programs. That report is available here.